Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wait and wait...............

Wait and wait.......




Hello to all and Happy New Year!!! Man, being stuck in the middle of no where has some draw backs, NO INTERNET!!! Sorry it has been so long. I wish I could get on more to email, talk to people and update this blog!!

So what's going on you may wonder:

Still in St. Augustine with my mom waiting on the well wanted visa!!! Got some news from immigration on Saturday telling me I now need to apply for a residence visa, not a work permit. CRAZY!!! I don't want to live there live there!! So I will fill out all the stuff again and see how it goes. I am desperate to go back to work in Seljord. So hopefully I can go back by the 14th..... Only God knows.

Some may wonder why this picture?

It is completely how I feel. Stuck on a buoy in the middle of no where, with no land in sight.

So much during these last weeks I have realized I have nothing, NOTHING if I don't have God. That I have to continually seek Him and choose to put Him first. I mean no relying on friends, on feelings, on visas. Just Him. I lately have been reminded on something one of my friends ask once. About God shaking our foundation, if certain things about our faith or religion were to change or become false, would I no longer believe in Christ? Would I be a christian.

That's what I have been seeing and realizing. Will me not going back to Norway (not saying I won't), the fulfillment of God's promise, or my own dreams not coming true, would I still believe that He is the Sovereign one, that He still speaks to me, that He truly is who He is, that He cares. That's what I am coming to grips with. That no matter if I go or stay or have to find a new place, no matter if my dreams are shattered or promises are never to be completed, it doesn't matter. It won't shake my foundation, it won't break me mustard seed of faith in Him. It can't I won't let it. Because I know the truth, I have seen the truth. These are hard words for me to type. To see that I really mean them, to know that this is going to be a hard and long journey but to be able to know that God is with me and loves me. What an incredible thing, that He is there always, when no one else is. Where ever I am, unfathomable. But such a truth.

So though I don't know why I had to leave Norway when I did. Why I had to come home, when I will I go back. I have learned that God is God and He is there, in such a new way for me, its worth being stuck in the middle of no where. Since I am not alone.

-Christine






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good, good...very wise words Christine!
and yes...you will come back to Norway! miss you...