Friday, December 23, 2005

My first blog post....

My first blog post on my fourth blog!!! Yeah that's right, this is not my first one but finally I think I can start and finish this one. Anyways.... Well currently I am residing in Alversund, near Bergen in Norway. I am spending part of my Christmas break with Stina and her wonderful family. Also, my Canadian buddy Janelle is here! It has been a eventful week here. And there is just so much to tell you about. I will just give you a quick run through.

Sunday: Traveled from Skien to Bergen from 1:30 pm till 10:30 pm. Arrived at Stina's house around 11:40pm. Said hi to the familia.
Monday: Woke up late (AMEN) Met Stina's nephew again after 2 years who is the cutest thing ever! Just spent most of the day at home relaxing. We also went to a town nearby called Knarvik and went to the sentrum (center/mall).
Tuesday:We were suppose to go to Bergen and do some shopping. But woke up at a decent hour than fainted, some pain, Stina a bit nervous, Janelle about to pass out, you know a normal Tuesday morning. Then after some hours of sleep, I felt better and pretty much stayed at the house. Then in the evening we went to see Marte in Bergen. It was so great to see her again. (She is from my DTS and is a newlywed)
Wednesday: Again we woke up at a reasonable hour and were going to head out to Bergen to shop. But I decided not to go at the last minute, but told Stina and Janelle to just go. So I ended up spending the day with Tone (Said like tuna) and Inghild, Stina's two sisters. It was fun we watched a movie and TV. Then went to Knarvik and ended up seeing Tørbjorn (T-bear, also from my DTS) there. While there I asked Inghild if I could drive her car some, and guess what? She said sure and I got to learn more about how to drive stick shift/ manual. Cool huh? Glad to say there were nocasualtiess.
Thursday: Today we went out to find a Christmas tree. Yeah, if you can believe it, I went with them into the woods and hiked around searching for not one, but two trees. Got hit in the eye three times by branches, but hey it's an adventure! We also went by T-bear's and had a cozy time.
Friday: The day before Christmas Eve!!!! Here, as many may know, that the 24th is the big Christmas day here. We had porridge (rice grøt), Janelle found the nut and got the pig (marzipan pig). And we did some last minute things to prepare for the Christmas season.

And that is the end of this blog post. Hope it wasn't to boring, but I have been typing this for 3 days so it is really the 26th. I hope you all had a great Christmas as I did. Hade.

No comments: