Sunday, June 22, 2008

For the millionth time, long.....

For the millionth time, long time no see!!!!

'From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.'



Hola, hello and hei hei. Well at least I am consistent in my blog writings, they are always 5 years apart. So you may be wondering what is going on with me or even where I am. Well I am here in Jacksonville, Florida working with lovely kids (some seen above on Sunglasses' Day) that's right I finally got some babies to dote on. So lets see what's been going on while I have been home:
-I am now working at a Christian preschool and am an assistant teacher (mostly with 3 year olds) Love them even though they sometimes drives me nuts.
-I have had bronchitis and had to go to the emergency room, and lost a job at a crappy motel while there (thank the Lord!!) Apparently, it is caused by allergies, crazy I know!
-Getting more involved at my church. Guess who's face you get to see coming and going to service, wouldn't you wanna come back?!?
-Been making some really awesome friends and hiding from other ones. SORRY!!!!
-Seeing physical healings in my family, through the television.
-Living with one of my many aunts and unfortunately seeing her several times in the hospital. But thankfully she is home now, even though she is not 100%.
-Going on a cruise that was a belated birthday present.
-Enjoying the sun (which I have never really done before) and my time here.
-And of course getting ready to go back to Norway!!
Thats right, I am coming back in the beginning of August!!! After 8 months of being deported, I am able to go back to Norway with a visa and everything! I am very excited and nervous about seeing what God will do next. It has been a hard but good time so far here and I am ready to see what the next month will hold in really hot Florida. There is so much to say and I don't know what to write. I am so sorry that I haven't been in touch with so many of you guys. Honestly, I have been hiding and haven't wanted to deal with peoples reactions or my own for that matter. But now I am coming back out to "play" and get reconnected with everyone. I have missed talking and just laughing with my friends. So I will hopefully be writing sooner. I will add some pictures as well. Check out my myspace and facebook for more of the pics. Talk to y'all later. Love and God's blessing to you!!

Klem,
Christine

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Christine... so good to read what you've been up to. I havent been able to get ahold of you in the past months- having difficulties knowing how to do that :) But i'm glad to hear that things have been going well for you, that you have been living life through good and bad and taking all that comes your way. It warms my heart to know you're soon back in norway- eventhough i live in oslo and you in seljord... it's good to know that it is at least possible to see you and to call for a much cheaper rate... and same time zone. I was with stina yesterday and we mentioned you and it made me think of how much you bring to norway when you come. (not meaning this as pressure hehe) You've just got something that alot of norwegians and norway lacks. Including myself :) And i look forward to having my crusty chicken back... and you must promise to come for a visit. I have a nice big house far away from seljord and skien... and some home cooking which would love to entertain you :) You're always dear to me... eventhough there hasnt been so much contact. Always a very close friend. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! hug hug hug hug hug...

Janelle said...

hehehe that was a long message... but well overdue

Erika Hydeen Strickland said...

Christine! I am so glad you are coming back to Norway. I will be there at the beginning of August as well. I come on the 29t of July actually. I really have not heard anything from you in a long time. I am glad that everything has worked out with you on your road. We will see what next year brings. Hmmm. It could be amazing! I have a good feeling about that. See you in Skien.