Sunday, September 02, 2007
Halla fra Norge........
Halla fra Norge everyone. I am now writing you from the beautiful village of Seljord. Man I have been here for over one week now and it still has finally sunk in that I will be living her for the next two years!!!! I have had a very busy three weeks since I left West Palm Beach. Here is the time line:
-Departure from Jen's house at 2:55 pm on the 13th of August (late as always)
-Quick curbside goodbye til Jen (she had to go to work)
Give them my overweight luggage (it was 1 lbs. over the overweight limit but they gave it to me)
-Started to calm down and then fell down the escalator (guy ask if i was ok then asked if i had been drinking)
-Waited for people to come and say bye (Tanya, Desi and Cadi came to say bon voyage. SWEET!)
-Got my snacks taken from me (stupid liquid rules i thought jello was semi-solid)
-Made it to Newark, NJ and Copenhagen, Denmark ok. (Met a girl from Poland super nice)
-Got my water, juice, keepsake bottle and yogurt taken from me at another stupid checkpoint right after I got of the plane.
-Made my way to the Oslo airport and AMEN didn't get stopped by the immigration (visa still pending)(on the 14th of August)
-Got on a train and headed north to Hamar (Oh I fell on the train steps as well, crazy big luggage) (they new I was an American maybe with my big pink luggage)
-Got to Hamar early and met my new team
-Got caught up on all the new couples from our base.
-Went to the lake and played games, eat and drank coffee with all the other teams from the project.
-Had project training until Saturday.
-Made my way back to Skien to see old friends and a newly destroyed base. (they are rebuilding the third floor where i use to have teaching)
-Spent the weekend there and then on Tuesday we made our way as a base to Denmark for a staff trip.
-Had fun walking, eating, playing crazy games and getting to know the other staff.
-After getting back at 1:30 in the morning on Friday from Denmark. Got up early to travel to my new home (SELJORD)
-After moving into my new room (which wasn't yellow like I thought) and trying to carry up my bags alone. I watched some tv and took a nap until LINDA CAME.
So that was my first week and a half here in Norway. CRAZY CRAZY!!!!
More exciting stories to come.
I have my new contact information up on the right of the screen as well for pictures check out the right as well and you can see how everything is. Love and miss everyone!!!!! Klem.
-christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment